Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I want to be in a band. Who's with me?

Yep. It's true.  I want to be in a band before it's all said and done.  I don't think i'm alone on this one either.  At one point or another, we've all dreamt of being a rock star.  The money, the fame, the girls (or boys for the girls out there reading this one or for the boys out there reading this.  Wait..what?) and all the perks a rock star often gets.  I think everyone and their mother (including my own) wanted to be a rock star while growing up.  We all grew up pretending to sing, play air guitar or play those imaginary drums.   Well I'm good at air guitar and halfway decent at Rock Band 2 and currently own two guitars which also double has hat racks currently.  Not saying I want to be a rock star but I do want to be in a band at some point in my life.

Maybe I should clarify this.  I don't know how to play an instrument very well.  I know a few chords on the geetar but let's face it.  Everyone does and I don't want to be that guy that claims to be a guitar player and then gets challenged at a bonfire and ends up playing a three chord acoustic version of "Blister in the Sun" by Violent Femmes.  I aspire to be the guy who knows his way around a guitar and back.    I envision myself being in a band and playing for a bbq, someone's birthday party or perhaps a party for someone who graduated from Subway University.  Real by the way.

I'm thinking a band that's a little Bloodhound Gang with a shot of Greenday and stirred with a few straws such as Bob Marley, Disturbed and 311.  Something easy on the ears but has some zing to it.  Who knows?  I'm just dreaming at this point.  I don't have time to shower let alone learn guitar.  Ok I do shower but my point is this band won't be playing anytime soon.  However, if their are aspiring rock stars out there who are looking for an elder statesman in the somewhat near future, i'm your guy.  Ponder it guys and gals.  I'll be playing the six string and can do back up vocals.  We should name it something cool and obscure too.  Something like.....The Jamaican Jerk Chicken Band!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment