Monday, January 24, 2011

I love Jack. Did you know that?

I love Jack Nicholson.  The guy is my idol.  The man I would love to be someday.  It probably won't happen because for starters, I actually want to get married, have kids and have a somewhat normal life.  Secondly, I'm not an actor.  I've dabbled.  Been in a few feature films, short films, self made skits etc ( was that bragging?) but wouldn't call myself an actor let alone a successful one. 

Jack has led the life most of us guys dream of.    He's been in hundreds of movies and has won an Oscar twice.  He's not just cool.  He's an icon.  He's a ladies man.  Always has been.  The guy has dated a bevy of beauties and these are only the ones we know of.  He's what most Hollywood stallions yearn to be.  He's also the guy who goes to all the Laker games wearing sunglasses to the game, during the game and after the game. A reporter  once asked him to take off his shades for a picture.  Jack said "You're new here aren't you?"

I didn't know this until recently but Jack has been the first choice of many directors for parts in movies.  For example, he was offered Gene Hackman's role in Hoosiers, Billy Bob Thornton's role in Bad Santa and get this...Robert Redford's role in The Sting.  Nuts.  He has basically been a go to guy for a lot of flicks. The name Jack is even cool isn't it?  Think I'll name my first born Jack.  Any takers?????

No comments:

Post a Comment